September 26, 2009

Fall 'To Cook' List

Good Morning, eh?

It's a beautiful Canadian morning in Toronto, Ontario; about 17 degrees Celsius and partly cloudy.

For those of you who don't live in a northern climate, you may not realize (whisper:) but as we speak, little leaves on the trees are changing colour from green, to red/yellow/orange. It is indeed remarkable that their natural instinct is to die so beautifully. What a sight!


Did I sound like I was on National Geographic?

Allllrighty then.

In the spirit of these dipping temperatures (that hopefully will not go too low any time soon), I am organizing a Fall 'To Do' list. Or rather a 'To Cook' list.

Stick with me this fall and together we can learn all about fall food, fall table settings, what Martha Stewart has to say about these colourful leaves, and so on and so fourth.

So lets get rolling, shall we?

Basically, my list is comprised of dishes that I want to try, ingredients I want to cook with, and some activities I want to do while the weather is still crisp. (For those of you who don't get snow, and don't have to drive through six inches of it on your way to work, cris
p means: cool, fresh, and invigorating.)

As I go, all of the recipes I have completed can be found in the category, 'seasonal' in the left hand column of my blog.
  1. Apple Pie
  2. Apple picking:
  3. Make Pumpkin Pie
  4. Use Squash
  5. Make a fall centerpiece
  6. Use Terbinado sugar
  7. Have a Fall Photo Shoot
  8. Try Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
  9. Go shopping at the farmers market for some new ingredients
  10. Use Cinnamon in as much as possible
  11. Try Warm and Nutty Cinnamon Quinoa
  12. Have a campfire
  13. Buy and Carve a pumpkin
  14. Try Pumpkin Waffles with Maple Walnut Apples
  15. Use Crepes
  16. Do Wine Sampling
  17. Make Soup
  18. Use Cayenne Pepper
  19. Sew something
  20. Try Curried Apple Cous Cous
  21. Drink Hot Apple Cider/ Mull Cider
  22. Invent a new fall recipie
  23. Blog
  24. Read Martha Stewart's Living Magazine and make something from it
  25. Shop at Pottery Barn
  26. Try Maple Syrup Scones
  27. Try Nut and Seed Biscotti
What are you doing this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment