September 28, 2009

A Breakfast Wrap

Do I like breakfast??

Ptcchyaaaa! (Translation: Yes, in fact I do!)

And I have discovered, (Well, Not Christopher Columbus or Alexander Fleming discovered, more like "woah, I just discovered that if I put the toaster on level 8, it burns the bread, kinda discovered.) the breakfast wrap.


And I'm kinda thrilled about it.

You can literally put anything into it, combined with eggs (or not!) and you have an instant, hold you till lunch, breakfast.

For my wrap, I like the combination of spicy jalapino peppers, two good quality free-range eggs, and parsley, all scrambled together, topped with cheese, and salsa, wrapped in a spinach tortilla. If I'm feeling quite hungry I would add some cooked sausage or perhaps a few strips of bacon or ham.

I'm thinking the next combination I try will have maple syrup in it somewhere. Perhaps I will fry some sausage in maple syrup and top the eggs with that, diced apples, and cheese. Yep. There's tomorrow's breakfast!

Place your desired toppings into the centre of the tortilla and then wrap it up*, enclosing the filling completely. When it is sealed I like to pop it onto the George Foreman Grill (or pannini press) for a few minutes. The grill takes even stale bread and gives it a really nice crunch and toasty-ness. Plus with the addition of heat, it combines the flavors inside the wrap nicely.

So give er a go, and see if you don't stay full for at least twice as long as usual. (Stay full longer by using a whole-grain tortilla, at least two eggs, and eating a piece of fruit on the side.)

*For proper wrapping techniques, you could check out this website, but I would recommend this one.

For a full rundown on the benefits of breakfast, you can check out this post.

Photo courtesy of http://www.portcityjava.com/images/secondaries/menu_graphics/b_wrap2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment