October 7, 2009

LOL


For those of you who don't know what LOL means, first, I love you for being so darn cute, second, you are not alone (my Dad thought it meant Lot's of Love--Sending LOL your way Dad!), and third...it means 'Laugh out Loud.'

Technically I am steeping the stereotypes of my generation by even using the short form, but oh well. We all know that people are lazy when it comes to msn talk, but we live in a busy world which is getting busier. That's what we should be worried about! (Not about u n me writin' n ltrs--haha itz all jks anywz<3).

But I digress.

I laughed out loud because of sheer coincidence. Last night, I was watching this great cooking video on Rouxbe, (read about it here) where they cooked pan fried chicken. They emphasized the point that when you cook at a proper temperature, you can make pan sauce out of the little bits of meat left at the bottom of the pan.

Now I thought to myself, I really need to learn how to make a pan sauce! I searched the website, and couldn't find a lesson on how, and I was really set on learning! So I guess one could say I was bummed.

But tonight, low and behold, I found that their free feature video on (drum roll)... pan sauce :)

Made me pretty happy.


So okay, maybe you wouldn't find this to be to be so humorous that you would LOL, but I bet you would chuckle.

You can learn about pan sauces too, at Rouxbe's online cooking school. If you missed the pan sauce video but are still interested in learning more, here is a great link to the 411 on pan sauces.

Photo is courtesy of http://img.timeinc.net/recipes/i/recipes/ck/04/03/salmon-sauce-ck-592310-l.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment