April 30, 2009

My Philosophy

Intro: My name is Julia, very nice to meet you!

I am a food enthusiast who has finally worked up the courage to start my own blog:)
This blog is simply for the purpose of sharing with fellow food buddies, all of the recipes that I found/made, have tried, and fell in love with.

My philosophy is simple, and it is captured in the name of this blog: Pink Mixers and Broken Egg Yolks. Cooking can be so stunning- brilliant fondants, a steak done just right, seasonal masterpieces, a perfectly cooked grilled cheese sandwich, just to name a few. Cooking entices so many senses, and for me it creates a lifestyle. I can't eat a simple restaurant burger without thinking, this would be really delicious with a toasted bun, or perhaps some caramelized onions. Taking something that could be ordinary, and turning it into something extraordinary. That pretty much sums up the first part of the name, "Pink Mixers" -it is simple but elegant.

But creating food that has people asking for seconds it is not always easy, and the food doesn't always turn out perfectly. I don't know how many times I have tried to master the perfect egg. It is not as easy as one could imagine. Kudos if you have got it down. So "Broken Egg Yolks" speaks for the aspiring chef in all of us that can admit to putting salt instead of sugar into haystacks that were being served to 300 people (True story!), or those of us still trying to master the perfect egg.

On a more personal note, I would like to add that cooking with friends, and for friends is one of my favourite things about life. My best friends have no problem sitting back and listening to me rant about my favourite cooking TV show, or latest recipe disaster...and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment